Monday, August 31, 2009

Vivian

Currently located in Cambridge MA, I am a Chemical Engineering PhD candidate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. My primary purpose here is to develop contrast agents for MRI that will allow real-time detection and visualization of dopamine level changes in the brain. Hopefully the method can be generalized in the future for detecting other neurotransmitters, such as endorphins, so we can visualize the pleasurability of eating food (among other purposes too, of course).

I developed gluttonous tendencies in Vancouver BC where I was born and raised, and where I earned my BASc in Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of British Columbia. I believe that coffee and cake is the breakfast of champions and I hope that Pierre Herme will open a macaron shop either in Boston or NYC soon. Very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment