Sunday, August 30, 2009

Joanne

I was born and raised on Vancouver Asian cuisine and learned to drink on Okanagan wine. I completed my undergraduate education in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of British Columbia, and am currently a Ph.D. Candidate in University of Toronto's Biochemistry Department. My research area includes the neuroendocrine regulation of intestinal fat absorption with a special interest in its dysregulation in insulin resistant (ie. diabetic) states. Before you start asking, no, there is not yet a fool-proof pharmacological intervention that will allow you to eat without restraint and without consequences for the waistline. Believe me, if I had one, I would be out buying Louboutins instead of eviscerating...things... My favourite things include coffee, saturated fat, and floral notes in my desserts and wine.

My Pubmed entries

No comments:

Post a Comment